Why do I come around the corner today with the 70 percent is the new perfect approach? I just say: coincidence. Because today I bought a copy of BRIGITTE be green for the first time. And I just discovered the interview online that Alexandra Zykunov gave to muxmäuschenwild magazine (attention: maximum recommended reading material).
What does that have to do with each other?
Both topics have to do with Alexandra Zykunov, who also propagates the “70 percent approach”. Alexandra is a journalist and inventor as well as managing editor of BRIGITTE be green. In January I was able to welcome her to the GREENSTYLE panel at the #PrePeek Talks at NEONYT in Berlin. Together with Dirk Meycke (Phyne) and Kim Gerlach (sun.and.rise) we talked about influencers, greenfluencers and all other -fluencers and the associated marketing. Perfect match or just a bubble?
In focus: the topics of this time
And I just discovered her name in the muxmäuschenwild interview. I always enjoy reading them because a) they are entertaining and b) they always have interesting, non-mainstream people. Today I was not disappointed either. On the contrary. Alexandra speaks in my way. Quite apart from the fact that it starts with her being angry (a state I share), she gets right to the point. The topics of this time: climate crisis and feminism. Equal rights for both parents. Creative exchange via video call (which doesn’t really work) …
We don’t need a handful of people…
But at one point I got stuck and still think about it. I’ve always said that we don’t need a handful of people to do everything perfectly (which doesn’t work anyway). We need millions of people to do it. Whatever. Better a first step than none. Alexandra summed it up perfectly.
70 percent is the new perfect
With that in mind: raise your cups and begin. There is so much to do. Let’s get started. You don’t know how I am very fortunate to be part of a great community. And here you will find everything you need for a (more) sustainable lifestyle:
- Do you want to live plastic-free and don’t know how to do it? Then take a look at Charlotte’s @plastikfreileben.
- Marisa reveals how to get by with less rubbish on @myfairladies.
- You can find sustainable lifestyle products stylishly curated (keyword: Christmas gifts) at Sandra at lai-chun.com
- Tinker Christmas decorations yourself? Alex has summarized her great and garbage-free tips in a book: “Zero Waste Christmas” (TOPP Verlag)
- Sustainable yoga wear, fairly produced jeans, sustainable sneakers? You can find them in our Brand Directory on GREENSTYLE
And: use your voice. You don’t have to go out with a sign. Cherie from Sustainable Fashion Matterz wrote a wonderful guide (Activism for lazy people). I also interviewed the activist and photographer.
Fashion revolution is every day.